If you have any questions about our privacy practices, please contact us as set forth in the section entitled “Contact Us” below. If you are a California resident, please also see the “Additional Disclosures for California Residents” section below.
Information You Provide
We collect information that you provide directly via the Website, such as when you access our content or complete the “Contact Us” form on the Website. We may use Service Providers (defined below) to collect this information.
The information we collect includes information that identifies you personally (whether alone or in combination). The categories of information we collect and have collected include:
- Contact Data. We collect your name and e-mail address well as discretionary details you provide such as the company you represent, your job title, and phone number.
- Content. We collect the content of messages you send to us, such as your feedback or questions and information you provide to us.
You may choose to voluntarily submit information to us through the Website that we do not request, and, in such instances, you are solely responsible for such information.
When you complete the Website forms or otherwise provide us your information in connection with your use of the Website, you agree to provide accurate, complete and true information. You agree not to use or submit any false or misleading names or any other inaccurate or misleading information. If we, in our sole determination, believe that any information you provide to us is intentionally untrue, inaccurate or incomplete, we may prohibit your use of the Website.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you visit the Website, Westcore and our Service Providers may collect and store certain technical information automatically. The categories of information we automatically collect and have collected include:
- Service Use Data. We collect data about the features you use, the pages you visit, the e-mails and advertisements you view, the time of day you browse, your referring and exiting pages, and other similar information.
- Device Connectivity and Configuration Data. We collect data about the type of device or browser you use, your device’s operating software, your internet service provider, your device’s regional and language settings, and other similar information. This data also includes IP address, MAC address, and other device identifiers.
- Location Data. We collect data about your device’s location, including latitude/longitude data and location derived from an IP address or data that indicates a city or postal code level.
We use various technologies to collect this information (“Tracking Technologies”) including the following:
- Log Files. A log file is a file that records events that occur in connection with your use of a website or service, such as your service use data.
- Cookies. A cookie is a small data file stored on your device that acts as a unique tag to identify your browser. We use two types of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies make it easier for you to navigate a website and expire when you close your browser. Persistent cookies help with personalizing your experience, remembering your preferences, and supporting security features. Additionally, persistent cookies allow us to bring you advertising. Persistent cookies may remain on your device for extended periods of time, and generally may be controlled through your browser settings. You may elect to disable cookies by following your Internet browser’s relevant procedure to block that functionality.
- Location-Identifying Technologies. Location data may be used for purposes such as verifying your device’s location and delivering or restricting relevant content and advertising based on that location.
For further information on Tracking Technologies and your rights and choices regarding them, see the “Your Rights and Choices” section.
Retention of Information
Any information we collect may be retained for an indeterminate period based on our internal retention policies and governing laws
Confidentiality and Security
We urge you to take every precaution to protect your Personally Identifiable Information when you are on the Internet. We are committed to protecting the security of the information collected from users of our Website and we have implemented generally accepted standards of technology security in order to protect information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. However, it is not possible to guarantee the security or integrity of information disclosed online because no data transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Children's Privacy Statement
The Website is not directed to children under the age of 13 and we do NOT knowingly collect Personally Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13 as part of the Website. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received Personally Identifiable Information from a user under the age of 13, we will take the appropriate steps to delete such information from our records. We do not knowingly “sell,” as that term is defined under the California Consumer Protection Act, the personal information of minors under 16 years old who are California residents.
Use of Information We Collect
- Operate and manage our Website
- Perform services requested by you, such as to respond to your comments, questions, and requests
- Prevent and address fraud, breach of policies or terms, and threats or harm
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities
- Conduct research, including focus groups and surveys
- Improve the Website or other services we provide including, apps, marketing efforts, products and services
- Develop and send you direct marketing, including advertisements and communications about our and other party’s products, offers, promotions, rewards, events, and services
- Fulfill any other business or commercial purposes disclosed to you and with your consent
Notwithstanding the above, we may use information that does not identify you (including information that has been de-identified) for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law. For information on your rights and choices regarding how we use your information, please see the “Your Rights and Choices” section below.
Sharing of Information
- Service Providers. We may share your information with our agents, auditors, vendors, and other service providers (collectively “Service Providers”) in connection with their work on our behalf. Service Providers assist us with services such as data analytics, marketing, website hosting, and technical support. Service Providers are prohibited from using your information for any purpose other than to provide this assistance, although we may permit them to use aggregate information which does not identify you or de-identified data for other purposes.
- Affiliates. We may share your information with our related entities. For example, we may share your information with our affiliates for regulatory, tax, customer support, marketing, and technical operations.
- Merger or Acquisition. We may share your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any proposed or actual merger, purchase, sale or any other type of acquisition or business combination of all or any portion of our business to another business.
- Security and Compelled Disclosure. We may share your information to comply with the law or other legal process, and where required, in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. We may also share your information to protect the rights, property, life, health, security and safety of us, the Website or any other party.
- Consent. We may share your information for any other purpose disclosed to you and with your consent.
Without limiting the foregoing, in our sole discretion, we may share aggregated information which does not identify you or de-identified information about you with other parties or affiliates for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law. For information on your rights and choices regarding how we share your information, please see the “Your Rights and Choices” section below.
Your Rights and Choices
Tracking Technology Choices.
- Cookies and Pixels. Most browsers accept cookies by default. Your ability to limit cookies through your browser is subject to your browser settings and limitations. Please refer to the help section of your browser to learn how to disable cookies and pixels or limit their functionality.
- Do Not Track. Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to online services you visit. Note, however, there is no industry consensus as to what site and app operators should do with regard to these signals. Accordingly, unless and until the law is interpreted to require us to do so, we do not monitor or take action with respect to “Do Not Track” signals or other mechanisms. For more information on “Do Not Track,” visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Please be aware that if you disable or remove Tracking Technologies some parts of the Website may not function correctly.
You can opt out of your data being used by Google Analytics by clicking on “Deny” on the pop-up when you first access the Website or anytime thereafter using “Cookie Preference” at the bottom of each page on the Website. You can also opt-out of your data being used by Google Analytics through cookies by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout an downloading the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
Links to Other Sites
Additional Disclosures for California Residents
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the ”Shine The Light” law, permits users who are clients of ours and who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about the Personally Identifiable Information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of personal information that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with whom we shared information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to:
Westcore Realty, LLC
Attn: Legal/Information Privacy Compliance
4350 La Jolla Village Dr. Ste 900, San Diego, CA 92122